POSITION TITLE: Administrative Consultant
DRUUMM is seeking a dedicated, detailed oriented and self-motivated individual for the position of Administrative Consultant. This person will be responsible for delivering membership management and event logistical services.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled, anticipated start date after February 6, 2023.
DURATION: Up to 300 hours through June 30, 2023. Estimated 10+ hours/week on average with 20+ hours/week during the 2 weeks around UUA General Assembly.
COMPENSATION: This is a 1099 contractor position that pays $26/hour to $35/hour depending on experience and geographic location. This position is based on the UUA Midsize II Congregation Office Administrator position. UUA Compensation Guidelines
ABOUT DRUUMM: We are a non-profit tax-exempt religious auxiliary organization under the auspices of the Unitarian Universalist Association based in the USA. Founded in 1998, we are engaged in People of Color Ministry, Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism/Multiculturalism, and work with focused ministries based on identity and interest area.
MISSION of DRUUMM:
As People of Color mobilized in an anti-racist collective, we unite to:
- Work for self-determination, justice and equal opportunity
- Empower our various ministries
- Celebrate our diverse heritages
- Overcome racism through resistance
- Transform and enrich Unitarian Universalism through our multicultural experiences.
CONSULTANT SCOPE OF WORK
- Attend and provide administrative services (i.e. calendaring, email reminders, Zoom setup) for regular virtual meetings and events generally between 5:00 PM and 10:00 PM Eastern weekdays and 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM Saturdays to ensure awareness, context and goals for areas of work. This includes a monthly meeting with the Steering Committee and a monthly scope of work coordination meeting.
- Work independently to handle membership processes for individuals and groups.
- Maintaining accurate membership records in the DRUUMM Wild Apricot database, producing monthly reports, and responding to questions.
- Generate and send automated and customized email communications to prospective, current, and lapsed members to encourage and support their organizational membership and engagement in events.
- Provide event-specific virtual and in-person administrative services including but not limited to scheduling, coordinating tasks, generating announcements, social media posts, basic graphics (i.e. Canva), tabling, manage virtual chat (i.e. Zoom), setup, take down, and volunteer coordination.
- Lead administrative staff for General Assembly in-person in Pittsburgh PA with expectation to arrive by June 20, 2023 and depart after 4:00 PM June 25, 2023.
- Literacy with web-based applications Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Documents, Wild Apricot, Canva
- Strong desire to serve Unitarian Universalist communities of color.
- Experience in working with multiracial communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required as are effective written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of anti-oppression/anti-racism education and organizing a plus
- Ability to work independently, remotely.
CLIENT POINT OF CONTACT:
- Administrative Consultant is an independent contractor. Client direct point of contact is the Community Minister.
HOW TO APPLY
People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, Hispanic/Latinx, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply. DRUUMM is committed to developing a diverse and talented staff team. If you are excited about this role, but are unsure whether you meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply.
Please send cover letter and résumé— indicating “Administrative Consultant” in the subject line—via e-mail to email@example.com.